With winter in full force I had to break out my down coat to keep me warm. I made sure I had my window scraper in my car and blankets in my truck. I have everything to keep me safe and warm during the winter time, but what about our furry friends? What do they need to keep them safe and warm during these long cold months?
- Keep pets indoors as much as possible
- Don’t cut fur short – longer coats will help them keep warm
- Give them plenty of food and water- keeping their body warm depletes energy
- Protect paws from salt and irritation – chemicals used to melt the snow can cause damage to the pads of your pet’s feet
- Avoid Antifreeze poisoning– it has a sweet taste that may attract animals but it is extremely deadly
- Be careful when starting your car- warm engines are very appealing to an outdoor cat, to avoid harming any animals bang on your car’s hood to scare them away
For more information on keeping your pet safe during the winter visit: